A Medical Research Institute engaged Silverstone Edge to drive a transformation project. The Institute was formed in 2014 out of the merger of two medical research institutes to create what is now one of Australia’s top five medical research institutes. The merger was undertaken in 2014 but funding and structural impediments inhibited the transformation necessary to achieve the scope of the projected scientific and commercial benefits.
Silverstone Edge was engaged to:
- Deliver an operational review and strategic alignment of people and processes
- Implement the strategic plan comprising four key goals: scientific research excellence, increased and diversified funding, community engagement, support services excellence
- Create a comprehensive communications plan to promote and position the Institute to internal and external stakeholders and observers
- Introduce a PMO and associated tools and discipline to track and report on project progress and benefits realisation
- Undertake brand development, including delivery of on and off line publications
- Develop a contemporary philanthropic and fundraising strategy.
Successful transformation relies heavily on a capable staff group who are focused on the strategic goals and have the discipline necessary to drive initiatives through to completion. Silverstone Edge is working closely with the key executives on developing capability and accountability of both the individuals and their teams. Necessary adjustments to organisation design, roles and responsibilities are in scope. We are also working with the Chief Executive to assist with a Board re-fresh program.
Central to the success of the engagement is the role of influencing within a very complex stakeholder environment. Our work style is to augment the incumbent staff team and work to transfer knowledge and experience at every available opportunity to ensure sustainable results.